"Mother Nature has given you permission to be beautiful. A tree or deer never feels guilty about being beautiful. Beauty and grace is our natural state." -David Wolfe
Beauty of the mind, body, and spirit are one. It is connected. Disharmony in any of your realms will impede your true self to manifest. Focus on positivity and balance. Be aware of your state of beauty. You are meant to be beautiful! Choices Exist: Empowered and Educated! To YOUR Health :)
Passionflower has been used for anxiety and insomnia. Passionflower works to increase GABA, a neurotransmitter that aids in relaxation.
Benzodiazepines (alprazolam, lorazepam, diazepam, clonazepam) have been used for anxiety and insomnia. Benzodiazepines work to increase GABA.
Choices Exist: Natural vs. Modern.
Individualized, educated, and empowered choices fall within every realm of prevention and treatment. Find out more....To your health!
Doesn't it seem like that those medication commercials try to "enlighten" you with the side effects of a medication. Listen to how they read the side effects/interactions and how they make it sound so pleasant, almost inviting. Don't get drawn in and caught up in the trap. Direct-to-consumer marketing of prescription medications should never happen. Tune these out and even flip the channel if you need to. Do not attract what you do not need nor what you think you do not need. Really listen the next time to the message. You will feel the difference in perception when you tune in to tune out!To your health. Empowered Choices!
Great Thigh Workout!
My most resistant area to shape up on my body are my thighs! Being a sprinter and basketball player for a good chunk of my life, I knew I would always have muscle in this area but keeping it toned was another story. I have found specific exercises to target the muscles on the outer thigh, inner thigh, and buttocks that are very effective. In addition to at least 20 minutes of cardiovascular exercise 5 times a week, these are the exercises that help me stay toned:
1. Side jumps: Jump back and forth laterally with your feet together for 1 minute. Soft knees and easy landing. Repeat twice.
2. Lateral leg raises. Standing, raise your leg laterally. Hold at the top and lower slowly. 20 reps. Switch legs. Repeat 1-2 times.
3. Leg circles. Lay on your back. Raise one leg into the air and trace a small circle with your foot. Clockwise for 10 reps then repeat counterclockwise for 10. Switch to the other leg. Repeat 1-2 times.
4. Squats. I think you know what these are. Make sure to stick your rear out to keep your back flat and push up through your heels. This will target the back of the leg and buttocks most effectively. 12 reps. Repeat 3 times.
5. Reverse Lunges. Stand with feet shoulder width apart. Step back with one foot and and lunge into the front leg. Keep you knee over your foot and practice good technique as to not pressure the knee. 12 reps. Switch legs. Repeat 1-2 times.
Toning is an essential part of a physical regimen. We each have that area on our bodies where fat is more readily stored depending upon your body type. Recognize this and target toning exercises to work this area a little more than the rest. Know your body to best take care of it. For women, it is healthy and natural to store added fat on the thighs; Much more than on the stomach. Added cushion at the thigh area is often a sign of balanced hormones for a woman. Embrace your body and know where to target just a little bit more than the rest. Hope this helps! Empowered, Individualized Choices...To your health!
Dr. Jessica Lewis
A Balanced Life