REST: Our bodies need time to heal and repair.
Listen to your body. When you want to sit and be still, sit and be still. Exercise is beneficial for our metabolism but rest is just as beneficial, or more! When our stress hormones become dominant in our bodies our metabolism will suffer. Pushing yourself too far whether it includes exercise, work, family, or friends often backfires. 'OVER'exertion is called that for a reason. It is OVERdone.
Stay in the "just right" zone. A little bit of this and a little bit of that goes a long way. Moderation is key and taking time to rest opens the door to a long and healthy life. There is time for everything.
Rest is not lazy. Rest is smart, sensible, and educated. Rest is awareness.
Cherish yourself and ensure balance to keep your body fueled, powerful, and efficient. To your health...
"Mother Nature has given you permission to be beautiful. A tree or deer never feels guilty about being beautiful. Beauty and grace is our natural state." -David Wolfe
Beauty of the mind, body, and spirit are one. It is connected. Disharmony in any of your realms will impede your true self to manifest. Focus on positivity and balance. Be aware of your state of beauty. You are meant to be beautiful! Choices Exist: Empowered and Educated! To YOUR Health :)
Passionflower has been used for anxiety and insomnia. Passionflower works to increase GABA, a neurotransmitter that aids in relaxation.
Benzodiazepines (alprazolam, lorazepam, diazepam, clonazepam) have been used for anxiety and insomnia. Benzodiazepines work to increase GABA.
Choices Exist: Natural vs. Modern.
Individualized, educated, and empowered choices fall within every realm of prevention and treatment. Find out more....To your health!
Great Thigh Workout!
My most resistant area to shape up on my body are my thighs! Being a sprinter and basketball player for a good chunk of my life, I knew I would always have muscle in this area but keeping it toned was another story. I have found specific exercises to target the muscles on the outer thigh, inner thigh, and buttocks that are very effective. In addition to at least 20 minutes of cardiovascular exercise 5 times a week, these are the exercises that help me stay toned:
1. Side jumps: Jump back and forth laterally with your feet together for 1 minute. Soft knees and easy landing. Repeat twice.
2. Lateral leg raises. Standing, raise your leg laterally. Hold at the top and lower slowly. 20 reps. Switch legs. Repeat 1-2 times.
3. Leg circles. Lay on your back. Raise one leg into the air and trace a small circle with your foot. Clockwise for 10 reps then repeat counterclockwise for 10. Switch to the other leg. Repeat 1-2 times.
4. Squats. I think you know what these are. Make sure to stick your rear out to keep your back flat and push up through your heels. This will target the back of the leg and buttocks most effectively. 12 reps. Repeat 3 times.
5. Reverse Lunges. Stand with feet shoulder width apart. Step back with one foot and and lunge into the front leg. Keep you knee over your foot and practice good technique as to not pressure the knee. 12 reps. Switch legs. Repeat 1-2 times.
Toning is an essential part of a physical regimen. We each have that area on our bodies where fat is more readily stored depending upon your body type. Recognize this and target toning exercises to work this area a little more than the rest. Know your body to best take care of it. For women, it is healthy and natural to store added fat on the thighs; Much more than on the stomach. Added cushion at the thigh area is often a sign of balanced hormones for a woman. Embrace your body and know where to target just a little bit more than the rest. Hope this helps! Empowered, Individualized Choices...To your health!
Dr. Jessica Lewis
A Balanced Life