Gel manicures are dangerous:
1. UV lights (skin cancer risk)
2. Infection Risk (Staphylococcus)
3. Acetone (toxic chemical)
The removal process actually thins the nail by up to 50%! Several dermatologists say there is no event, vacation, or special occasion for which they would get a gel manicure. Something to think about.
If you insist upon a gel manicure, use salons that utilize LED lights instead. These are rare but possible. Also put sunscreen on prior to the UV exposure or take anti-UV gloves with you.
A pretty, colored nail is not worth the risk of cancer, infection, or toxicity in my opinion. Educated Choices! To your health!
Dr. Jessica Lewis
A Balanced Life