Focus on improving your communication skills!
1. Let others finish before you speak
2. Listen without thinkng about what you will say
3. Restate what the other person said as you perceive it
4. You will feel uncomfortable at first
5. Misunderstandings will be prevented or resolved
6. The speaker will feel validated
7. Relationships will be strengthened
8. Stress from conflict in relationships will be greatly reduced
9. You will be happier
10. You help others be happier
Remember let others speak first, you listen, restate what you hear, and let the dialogue continue. What you are going to say as a response is the LEAST important in effective communication. This is contrary to what many see as effective communication. Try a different approach.
Less stress is awesome, incredible, freedom, and true health. Just listen, that's all you really need. The rest will naturally fall into place. To your health!
Dr. Jessica Lewis
A Balanced Life